Burlington Public Schools are proud to host Burlington’s first Parent University! Parents will have the opportunity to attend workshops and interact with education and health professionals regarding a variety of topics including:
- The Adolescent Brain
- Building Understanding in Our Community
- Healthy Habits 101
- Understanding and Helping My Child with Homework
- Understanding the Common App and Naviance
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey: Results and Analysis
- Mindfulness 101
- Navigating Athletics: Middle School to High School, From Youth to AAU
- Safety and Self Defense – Burlington Police Department
- Stress and Anxiety: The Impact on Our Students and Helpful Coping Strategies
- The Parenting Journey
Join us on Saturday, April 29 at Burlington High School from 8:30-12:15pm for this first time event. Complimentary childcare will be provided for registered parents – please note that childcare registration is mandatory to take advantage of this offering. Registration for the event is now open!
In order to better serve our parent who attend, childcare will be offered and provided by the Burlington High School’s Child Development students and staff. Parents who are looking to utilize this offering must register their child prior to attending Parent University.